Pages

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Fear

Fear is a powerful motivator after everything that I've been through.  I can be having a wonderful day and fear creeps in. I am in a happy, healthy relationship now but the reality is that fear lingers in the background of everything I do with him even.   That demon that no matter how many times I tell him he has no authority creeps back in and whispers to me how worthless I am and how no one can love the mess that I've become. That stupid ole demon makes me overanalyze everything the people who love me say to me.   I told my best friend recently, "I can fight him on the good days on the bad days he keeps me awake at night listening to his lies." Sometimes it's so hard to silence him.  Counseling can only get you so far.  It's the daily battles we fight for our lives in. 
What does that demon on your shoulder whisper to you? How do you silence him?

No comments: